The Mason House, at the corner of Depot and Main Streets, was constructed in 1889 by David P. Mason, Sr. Between the Mason House and businesses along Depot street was an alley that provided access from Depot Street to the rear of the Grand Central Hotel (currently the General Morgan Inn). In the early 1980s, renovation began that incorporated the two hotels and the alley. Since the renovation, the "alley" has been adapted for use as an art gallery, becoming the Mason House Gallery. Monthly art exhibits are sponsored by the Greeneville Arts Council and the General Morgan Inn. For information, please contact Til Green, director of exhibitions, 423-329-5366.